- Full time, fixed term position until 30/06/2024
- Play a leading role in the Sydney Quantum Academy’s engagement with industry
- Build partnerships with enterprises of all sizes
- $127k - $134k p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
As the Manager - Engagement, Industry and Entrepreneurship, you will play a key role in supporting the CEO to develop and achieve the Sydney Quantum Academy’s (SQA) objectives for engagement. You will contribute to the development and implementation of SQA’s business plan for engagement, ensuring alignment with overarching objectives.
The Sydney Quantum Academy is an unincorporated joint venture between The University of Sydney, The University of New South Wales, Macquarie University and University of Technology Sydney to establish Sydney (and Australia) as a global destination for talent, investment and innovation in relation to quantum technology and the future quantum economy.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide expertise and support to SQA in external engagement
- build and nurture strong stakeholder relationships, developing a deep understanding of current and potential business partnerships
- implement partnership agreements, programs, and other partnership arrangements to facilitate SQA’s engagement with organisations
- take a leading role in supporting the SQA’s external advisory committee
- facilitate industry input into SQA’s educational and community engagement programs
- develop proposals and implement recommendations
- ensure engagement is incorporated into programs and other initiatives
- potentially manage one direct report
- academic qualifications combined with extensive experience in one or more relevant industries (e.g. technology, education, finance, resources)
- experience working in a business development/relationship management role
- strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to use initiative to develop and deliver outcomes for mutual benefit
- an interest in quantum technology and understanding of some its potential benefits and impacts
- experience drafting proposals and developing agreements will be well regarded
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- excellent time and workload management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively, achieve required outcomes, and effectively deliver results
- strong business acumen with demonstrated conceptual, analytical and report writing skills related to partnership development.
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, Tuesday 1st March 2022
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all roles required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Please visit the University of Sydney advertisement to apply.
Include a CV and a Cover Letter that addresses the selection criteria located in the ‘About You’ section of the advertisement.
Applications (including a cover letter explicitly addressing the selection criteria located in the ‘About you’ section of the advertisement, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button on the University of Sydney advertisement.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Laura Koefoed, Recruitment Operations, on 02 9036 4495 or by email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Applications CloseTuesday 01 March 2022 11:59 PM