If you are interested in getting research experience in quantum technology, then an SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarship will provide an invaluable opportunity for you.
The aim of the program is to provide opportunities to talented students partway through their undergraduate degree to develop their research skills and inspire them to consider further quantum technology research or related activities in the future. Successful applicants undertake an exciting 6-week project from one of SQA’s four partner universities, supervised by a leading quantum researcher.
Female and gender non-binary applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Projects are offered from across the four SQA partner universities. See here for a list of available projects. Read more
- The SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarship is AU$3,333 for a six-week research project.
- The project period is for 6 weeks in January to February 2021 (exact dates will depend on project supervisor availability). You must be engaged in a project on a full-time basis (35 hours/week for six weeks during normal working hours unless advised otherwise by the supervisor).
- Eligible applicants will be awarded on academic merit, and suitability to the projects offered.
- Please note: The details of the scholarship and participating institutions are subject to change.
- Female and gender non-binary applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships are open to Australian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants.
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an SQA partner university (Macquarie University, UNSW Sydney, the University of Sydney, and University of Technology Sydney).
- You must have completed a minimum of the equivalent to 1.5 years of full-time study towards your undergraduate degree by the time you commence your research project.
- If you were previously awarded an SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarship, you are not eligible to apply.
- Successful candidates cannot hold another similar research scholarship during the research project period.
To be considered, please upload a copy of your university transcript and a 1-page personal statement in your application.
In your application, you will be asked to note your project preferences.
Please also read through the SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarships Conditions of Award before submitting your application.