2021 SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarships
The SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarships provide talented undergraduate students with an invaluable opportunity to get research experience in quantum technology. Candidates undertake an exciting 6-week project from one of SQA’s four partner universities, supervised by a leading quantum researcher.
The aim of the program is to provide opportunities to students partway through their undergraduate degree to develop their research skills and inspire them to consider further quantum technology research or related activities in the future. Female and gender non-binary applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications are now open and close at 11:59pm on Monday 23 November 2020.
Details of Scholarship
- Projects are offered from across the four SQA partner universities. See here for a list of available projects. Read more
- The SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarship is AU$3,333 for a six-week research project.
- The project period is for 6 weeks in January to February 2021 (exact dates will depend on project supervisor availability). The student must be able to be engaged in a project on a full-time basis (35 hours/week for six weeks during normal working hours unless advised otherwise by the supervisor).
- Eligible applicants will be awarded on academic merit, and suitability to the projects offered.
- Please note: The details of the scholarship and participating institutions are subject to change.
Am I eligible?
- Female and gender non-binary applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships are open to Australian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an SQA partner university (Macquarie University, the University of New South Wales, the University of Sydney, or University of Technology Sydney).
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of the equivalent to 1.5 years of full-time study towards their undergraduate degree by the time they commence their research project.
- Students who were previously awarded an SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Successful candidates cannot hold another similar research scholarship during the research project period.
Ready to apply?
To be considered, please upload a copy of your university transcript and a 1-page personal statement in your application.
In your application, you will be asked to note your project preferences.
Please also read through the SQA Undergraduate Research Scholarship Conditions of Award before submitting your application.